Legal Protection For Executives And Companies
Business has two speeds: fast and faster. In that vortex, executive employment disputes can swiftly spiral into serious legal problems with potentially adverse consequences for businesses and employees alike.
That’s why at the first sign of trouble, Steve Harvey Law LLC rolls up its sleeves and gets to work on a plan.
Our executive employment attorneys have deep experience representing both companies and employees, particularly senior-level professionals. We can efficiently and thoroughly analyze your situation and develop strategies for a prompt, favorable resolution. If your matter cannot be expeditiously settled and requires aggressive litigation and trial, we do that effectively, too. We have successfully litigated and tried numerous high-stakes executive employment cases in federal and state courts in Pennsylvania and other states. We also have written and lectured extensively on executive employment issues, providing respected thought leadership to other attorneys.
We regularly consult with clients as well as other lawyers who seek our advice and representation in a full range of executive employment disputes, including:
- Noncompete contracts, also known as restrictive covenants or covenants not to compete
- Confidentiality agreements, also known as nondisclosure agreements, or NDAs
- Trade secrets, including related issues such as injunctions, damages and the inevitable disclosure doctrine
- Employee fiduciary duty, including duty of loyalty and the preparatory steps doctrine
- Tortious/intentional interference with contract
- Nonsolicitation agreements
- Unfair competition
- Severance agreements
- Contract review
- Indemnification and advancement
Our experience protecting a diverse array of clients – including senior-level executives, corporations, nonprofits, partnerships, limited liability companies and family-owned businesses – gives us a powerful competitive edge. We know how the other side thinks, and we use that knowledge to help our clients get the best possible resolution and result.
Serving A Variety Of Clients
We represent corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, owners, trustees, shareholders, investors, partners, directors, officers, consumers, competitors, employers and employees. Our clients hail from a wide range of industries, including banking, IT, high-tech, pharma, manufacturing, insurance, health care, finance, real estate and professional services. We serve clients from Pennsylvania and New Jersey but also from outside the region and even internationally.
- Litigated noncompete action through appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in Victaulic Co. v. Tieman, 499 F.3d 227 (3d Cir. 2007)
- Prosecuted and defended numerous employees and employers in state and federal court regarding allegations of noncompete, nonsolicit and confidentiality violations, trade secrets misappropriation and related claims
- Counseled numerous clients, both employers and employees, seeking advice on enforcing and defending claims based on noncompete contracts, trade secrets and other such commercial dispute issues
- Prosecuted claims for advancement of officer/director’s litigation fees and costs in Pennsylvania state court, New York federal court, and Delaware Chancery Count
- Obtained and defeated temporary restraining orders on multiple occasions in Philadelphia federal and state court in employment matters as well as Montgomery, Chester, Bucks and Delaware counties
Steve Harvey has lectured and written extensively on executive employment topics and is the author of Enforcing the Non-Compete and Confidentiality Duties of High-Level Executives, 1998 Employment Law Update (Aspen Law & Business 1998)
Discuss Your Situation With An Attorney
The secret to success in legal disputes is a strong attorney-client relationship. If you are facing a legal dispute or you think you will be soon, now is the best time to contact us so that we can review your legal matter and see if we are the right lawyers for you. Contact our Philadelphia office by calling 215-907-7313 or complete our online contact form.