Navigating Tough Business Disputes
Abraham Lincoln advised lawyers: “Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can.” Wise words still true. But sometimes you need to take a stand, to recover something valuable, to defend against false claims, and to protect your business and economic interests.
At Steve Harvey Law LLC, we focus on early, efficient resolution of complex business issues. If your matter requires aggressive, bet-the-company litigation and trial, we do that effectively too. Steve Harvey is a former AmLaw 100 law firm partner – with over three decades of experience in high-stakes litigation – whose mission is to provide high-quality, legal services, with the cost-effectiveness, and personalized attention of a boutique litigation firm. We handle a full range of business disputes, including:
- Breach of contract and all aspects of contracting, including enforcement, interpretation, formation, drafting, performance, consideration, breach, remedies, defenses and damages
- Business torts, including tortious interference with contract, defamation, malicious prosecution and fraud
- Corporations, partnerships, executive and officer claims, including breach of fiduciary duty, indemnification and advancement of legal fees and expenses, books and records requests, and claims of minority oppression and squeeze-out
- Executive employment, including restrictive covenants, noncompete and nonsolicit contracts, trade secrets protection, confidentiality, unfair competition, employment and severance agreements.
- Intellectual property, including claims of trademark, copyright and patent infringement, as well as trade secret misappropriation
- Banking and financial services, including unlawful business practices, and state and federal law governing banks and consumer financial services
- Professional malpractice, including claims against nonmedical professionals such as actuaries, accountants and lawyers
- Government disputes with federal, state and local officials and agencies
Legal Representation For Diverse Clients
We represent corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, owners, trustees, shareholders, investors, partners, directors, officers, consumers, competitors, employers and employees. Our clients hail from a wide range of industries, including banking, IT, high-tech, pharma, manufacturing, insurance, health care, finance, real estate and professional services. We serve clients from Pennsylvania and New Jersey but also from outside the region, and even internationally.
- Defended breach of contract and fraud claims brought against international clients claims in federal court in Philadelphia
- Sued on behalf of law firm client in Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas to recover substantial unpaid fees
- Defended allegations of embezzlement and breach of fiduciary duty by a corporate officer in New Jersey federal court
- Sued for defamation in Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas on behalf of former employee falsely accused of misappropriation
- Defended claims for breach of contract and related claims in AAA and JAMS arbitration (multiple times
- Brought claims for breach of contract and related claims in AAA or JAMS arbitration (multiple times)
- Defended a bank against claims of trade secret misappropriation in federal court in Harrisburg
- Defended a copyright infringement claim in federal court in Philadelphia
- Defended a corporate breach of fiduciary duty case alleging misappropriation of assets in federal court in Philadelphia
- Defended an action to affirm an arbitration award against challenges by Deutsche Bank in state and federal trial courts and appellate courts
- Sued for malicious prosecution in federal court in Philadelphia
- Defended leading social media company in trade secrets litigation in Pennsylvania state court
- Defended a nonprofit organization in a multiweek jury trial against defamation claims in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
The Right Lawyers For The Right Clients
The secret to success in legal disputes is a strong attorney client relationship. If you are facing a legal dispute or you think you will be soon, now is the best time to contact us so that we can review your legal matter and see if we are the right lawyers for you. Contact our Philadelphia office by calling 215-907-7313 or complete our online contact form.