Protecting Intellectual Property Rights
In a competitive marketplace driven by the ability of people and businesses to develop new ideas and to transform today’s ideas and technologies into the next breakthrough, the importance of intellectual property cannot be overstated. At Steve Harvey Law LLC, we approach each matter with the philosophy that careful analysis at the outset is the key driver of success. We sometimes partner with nonlitigation intellectual property specialists who help us analyze the technical and legal issues. If your matter requires aggressive litigation and trial, we do that effectively. We handle a range of intellectual property litigation disputes, including:
- Noncompete/trade secrets, protecting clients’ competitive advantage and defending against theft
- Infringement, including claims under the federal patent, trademark and copyright laws, as well as claims of trade secret infringement and misappropriation
- Federal court litigation, including working as local counsel for firms outside of Philadelphia
- Trademark, prosecuting and defending infringement actions
- Copyright, prosecuting, and defending unauthorized usage and infringement claims
Who We Represent
We represent corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, owners, shareholders, investors, partners, directors, officers, consumers, competitors, employers and employees. They hail from a wide range of industries, including banking, IT, high-tech, pharma, manufacturing, insurance, health care, finance, real estate and professional services. We service clients from Pennsylvania and New Jersey but also from outside the region, and even internationally.
- Served as local counsel for an international law firm in bet-the-company patent infringement litigation, which we won. The case involved the rights to technology that promised to unlock treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. After intensive litigation and a multiweek trial, the jury concluded that the party claiming ownership of the patent was barred by misconduct that occurred 20 years earlier in a foreign country.
- Represented a major player in the women’s clothing industry in trademark infringement litigation as local counsel for an international law firm
- Represented an industrial manufacturer that sued a former franchisee that went rogue and started using the company’s trademark. We secured a preliminary injunction and then a permanent injunction to stop the infringement.
- Actively counseled and represented numerous businesses and people who came to us facing claims of copyright and trademark infringement or who required protection of their interests
- Actively counseled and represented numerous employers and employees who required protection or defense in matters arising from noncompete agreements and trade secrets
- Litigated, tried or settled over 100 cases involving injunctions and TROs over noncompete and trade secret issues in state and federal court
Make A Smart Next Move
The secret to success in legal disputes is a strong attorney client relationship. If you are facing a legal dispute or you think you will be soon, now is the best time to contact us so that we can review your legal matter and see if we are the right lawyers for you. Contact our Philadelphia office by calling 215-907-7313 or complete our online contact form.