EMPLOYMENT LITIGATION AND COUNSELING
We solve complex employment law problems that have the audacity to get in the way of your life or business.
Suffering a job loss or other mistreatment at work in violation of federal, state, or local law is an emotionally grueling experience. But with Steve Harvey Law at your side, you will find your voice, persevere, and achieve justice.
But that’s not all that we do.
If you are an employer looking to avoid or mitigate your risks; strategically manage your employee relationships; ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations; protect your work environment, brand, and reputation; and develop action plans that quell litigation and advance your interests, we excel at that too.
Our Employment Litigation attorneys recognize the devastating impact that frayed or broken employment relationships have on businesses as well as upon the financial security, emotional well-being, and career trajectory of hard-working people. That’s why, no matter which side you are on, we craft individualized strategies that lead to prompt, favorable resolution of complicated employment disputes. But rest assured, if your matter cannot be expeditiously resolved and requires aggressive litigation and trial, we do that effectively too.
Our founder, Steve Harvey, Esq., is a former large law firm partner ― with nearly three decades of experience in high-stakes litigation ― whose mission is to provide high-quality, reliable legal services, with the cost-effectiveness, nimbleness, and personalized attention of a small litigation boutique.
We handle a full range of employment litigation disputes for both employees and employers including:
- age discrimination;
- sex discrimination;
- workplace defamation;
- disability discrimination;
- religious discrimination;
- family and medical leave act;
- reductions in force;
- whistleblower claims;
- wage and hour law violations.
Sensitive to the Needs of Employees
If you are a person entangled in a complex employment dispute, you may be experiencing a wide range of emotions ranging from anger, self-blame, fear, loss of control, vulnerability, and more. Be assured that while we are aggressive lawyers, we also will handle your case in a sensitive, discrete, and empathetic manner that respects your needs.
You provided valuable, high-quality services to your employer. We can help you achieve a just resolution that respects your outstanding contributions, honors your legal rights, and provides a path forward for professional growth, financial security, and peace of mind.
For our business clients, we understand that employment disputes pose a serious threat to your bottom line. That’s why, when possible, we work with you to pre-emptively avoid them. That said, when avoidance is not possible, we fully assess your options and aggressively protect your interests ― whether in settlement negotiations or before an administrative agency, court, arbitrator, or mediator. The continued success of your business is our prime goal. Clients value our cost-effectiveness.
Because we represent both employers and employees, we know how the other side thinks, and that knowledge gives us a powerful, competitive edge. Whether you are an employee or employer, you can count on us to efficiently resolve today’s problems while building solutions for a better tomorrow.
Alternative Fee Arrangements
Because we take the time to understand our clients, we are pleased to tailor our billing arrangements to suit their unique circumstances. We have the flexibility to offer alternative billing arrangements, hourly arrangements, and to take cases involving substantial damages on a contingency fee basis.
With You Every Step
Whether you require pre-emptive legal advice, a tough dealmaker, a skilled negotiator, a seasoned problem-solver, or a tenacious trial lawyer, the Employment Litigation attorneys at Steve Harvey Law are ready to immediately tackle your complex legal issues with extraordinary skill, integrity, attention to detail, and unmatched cost-effectiveness.
- Represented an employee/officer charged with improperly charging personal expenses in federal court litigation and secured dismissal of all claims before trial.
- Obtained a settlement for a plaintiff with a disability discrimination claim against a catering company.
- Currently prosecuting multiple claims of employment discrimination based on race in a nursing home context.
- Obtained a six-figure settlement for a plaintiff with a disability discrimination claim against a financial services company.
- Defended financial services companies against claims of disparate impact discrimination and defeated a motion for class certification.
- Defended an employer charged with gender discrimination, hostile work environment, and retaliation.
- Obtained a high six-figure settlement for a plaintiff in an oral employment contract case.
- Currently representing an employee falsely charged with acts of workplace misconduct.