When someone attacks the core of our client’s business strategies and operations, we take that personally. Then we get to work on strategic, innovative, and effective solutions.
In a global market where businesses large, small, private, and public compete on the world stage, commercial disputes can easily escalate into crippling legal problems that kill profits and even threaten a company’s very existence.
At Steve Harvey Law, our Commercial Litigation attorneys craft strategies that lead to early, efficient resolution of complex business issues. But rest assured, if your matter requires aggressive, bet-the-company litigation and trial, we do that effectively too.
Our founder, Steve Harvey, Esq., is a former large law firm partner ― with nearly three decades of experience in high-stakes litigation ― whose mission is to provide high-quality, reliable legal services, with the cost-effectiveness, nimbleness, and personalized attention of a small litigation boutique.
We handle a full range of business disputes including:
executive employment, including non-compete contracts (also known as restrictive covenants or covenants not to compete), trade secrets, confidentiality, unfair competition, severance agreements, and the duty of loyalty;
employment discrimination, including claims of discrimination based on race, ethnicity, age, sex, and disability;
business divorce and the claims and defenses that arise when business relationships become strained and tear;
contracts, including contract ambiguity, interpretation, formation, drafting, performance, consideration, breach, remedies, and damages;
corporations, including breach of fiduciary duty claims, indemnification and advancement of legal fees and expenses, books and records requests, and claims of minority oppression and squeeze-out;
insurance contract law claims, principally dealing with questions of insurance policy coverage;
intellectual property, including claims of infringement under the federal patent, trademark, and copyright laws, as well as claims of trade secret misappropriation;
business torts, including intentional/tortious interference with existing or prospective contracts, defamation, malicious prosecution, and fraud;
banking and financial services, including contractual disputes, unlawful business practices, and state and federal law governing banks and consumer financial services;
estates and trust litigation, including breach of fiduciary duty claims, will contests, undue influence claims, valuation disputes, and breach of buy/sell agreements;
professional malpractice, including claims against actuaries, accountants, and lawyers.
We represent corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, owners, shareholders, investors, partners, directors, officers, consumers, competitors, employers, and employees. They hail from a wide range of industries including banking, IT, high tech, pharma, clinical research, manufacturing, insurance, health care, finance, real estate, and professional services.
Alternative Fee Arrangements
Because we take the time to understand our clients, we are pleased to tailor our billing arrangements to suit their unique circumstances. We have the flexibility to offer alternative billing arrangements, hourly arrangements, and to take cases involving substantial damages on a contingency fee basis.
With You Every Step
Whether your business requires pre-emptive legal advice, a tough dealmaker, a skilled negotiator, a seasoned problem-solver, or a tenacious trial lawyer, the Commercial Litigation attorneys at Steve Harvey Law are ready to tackle your complex legal issues with extraordinary skill, integrity, attention to detail, and unmatched cost-effectiveness.
Let us help you achieve the success, prosperity, and peace of mind that you deserve.
- Defended allegations of serious misconduct by a corporate officer in New Jersey federal court.
- Prosecuted a claim for advancement of officer/director’s litigation fees and costs in New York federal court.
- Defended a national bank charged in a class action with unlawful business practices regarding gift cards.
- Defended a copyright claim in federal court in Philadelphia.
- Defended a corporate breach of fiduciary duty case based on allegations of improper expense charges in federal court in Philadelphia.
- Prosecuted a claim for advancement of officer/director’s litigation fees and costs in Delaware Chancery Court.
- Prosecuted a claim for tortious interference with a contract against a shopping mall company in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
- Prosecuted a claim for malicious prosecution in federal court in Philadelphia on behalf of wrongfully sued clients.
- Defended a national class action against an automobile finance company charged with disparate impact theory of liability.
- Defended a breach of contract case in state court in Pennsylvania.
- Obtained preliminary and permanent injunctions in federal court in Georgia under the Lanham Act against a terminated trademark licensee on behalf of an industrial manufacturer.
- Represented one of the largest banks in the country in private arbitration with another large bank over a contractual dispute about the sale of a credit card portfolio.
- Defended an insurance carrier in state court in California in an action seeking insurance coverage for groundwater contamination.
- Represented the promoter of a professional golf event alleging tortious interference with a contract in a dispute with the event sponsor.
- Obtained preliminary injunctive relief in federal court in New Mexico in an action against a former sales representative of a medical device manufacturer who violated a non-compete agreement.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in federal court in Philadelphia in patent infringement litigation.
- Defended an automobile manufacturer at trial in state court in Pennsylvania on product liability claims brought by a seriously injured plaintiff.
- Defended a manufacturer of influenza virus vaccine in federal court in Michigan in litigation claiming that the vaccine caused a neurological disorder.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in a contractual dispute with a supplier over a quality control failure leading to a national product recall.
- Defended an insurance company in an action in federal court in Philadelphia brought by an automotive group seeking employment practices liability insurance coverage.
- Represented a contract research organization accused of trade disparagement.
- Obtained a preliminary injunction in state court in Pennsylvania against former executives of a health care company for violating the terms of their non-solicitation and non-competition agreements.
- Defended a nonprofit organization in a multi-week jury trial against defamation claims brought by its former executive director in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
- Represented a financial services company in an action in Delaware Chancery Court alleging breach of fiduciary duties by owners of a corporate borrower.