What do you want in a lawyer?
Someone who listens?
Answers calls promptly?
Thinks hard and devises
creative and effective solutions?
Works cost effectively?
Represents you well in court?
All of the above.
Commercial litigation is our core practice area at Steve Harvey Law. We have a wealth of experience as commercial litigation attorneys advising and representing clients in business disputes. Our clients include corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, owners, shareholders, investors, partners, directors, officers, consumers, competitors, and employees.
We try not to be all things to all people, but instead concentrate in areas where we have a great depth of knowledge and experience.
Commercial litigation matters sometimes involve complex litigation, such as injunctions, investigations, e-discovery, trials, and appeals. Because of our extensive litigation experience and small firm flexibility, we provide great value to clients looking for advice leading to an early resolution of commercial disputes as well as to clients faced with actual litigation and trial.
We advise and represent clients in litigation and at trial in matters involving a range of business-related disputes, such as:
business divorce and the claims and defenses that arise when business relationships become strained and tear;
contracts, including contract ambiguity, interpretation, formation, drafting, performance, consideration, breach; remedies; and damages;
corporations, including breach of fiduciary duty claims against corporate officers and employees, books and records requests, and claims of minority oppression and squeeze-out;
employment litigation, including claims of discrimination based on race, ethnicity, age, sex, and disability, as well as many other types of commercial employment litigation claims;
executive employment, including non-compete contracts (also known as restrictive covenants or covenants not to compete), trade secrets, confidentiality, unfair competition, severance agreements, and the duty of loyalty;
insurance contract law claims, principally dealing with questions of insurance contract coverage, i.e, whether the particular subject is or is not covered under the policy;
intellectual property, including claims of infringement under the federal patent, trademark, and copyright laws, as well as claims of trade secret misappropriation; and, finally, commercial litigation dealing with,
torts, including intentional/tortious interference with existing or prospective contracts, defamation, negligent misrepresentation, intentional misrepresentation, and fraud.
We work in many different industries including IT, high tech, pharma, clinical research, manufacturing, insurance, healthcare, automobile finance, real estate, and professional services. Our commercial litigation practice area coverage is extenstive. Contact us for a consultation to learn more.
- Defending a copyright claim in federal court in Philadelphia.
- Defending a Delaware corporate breach of fiduciary duty case in federal court in Philadelphia.
- Defending a breach of contract case in state court in Pennsylvania.
- Obtained preliminary and permanent injunctions in federal court in Georgia under the Lanham Act against a terminated trademark licensee on behalf of an industrial manufacturer.
- Represented one of the largest banks in the country in private arbitration with another large bank over a contractual dispute about the sale of a credit card portfolio.
- Defended insurance carrier in state court in California in action seeking insurance coverage for groundwater contamination.
- Represented the promoter of a professional golf event alleging tortious interference with contract in a dispute with the event sponsor.
- Obtained preliminary injunctive relief in federal court in New Mexico in action against former sales representative of medical device manufacturer who violated a non-compete agreement.
- Represented land owners who sought to develop a mall in a suit in Philadelphia state court alleging tortious interference with prospective contract against owners of a nearby mall.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in federal court in Philadelphia in patent infringement litigation.
- Defended an automobile manufacturer at trial in state court in Pennsylvania on product liability claims brought by a seriously injured plaintiff.
- Defended manufacturer of influenza virus vaccine in federal court in Michigan in litigation claiming that the vaccine caused a neurological disorder.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in contractual dispute with supplier over quality control failure leading to a national product recall.
- Represented industrial manufacturer in breach of non-compete action in federal court in Philadelphia against senior vice president who defected to competitor.
- Defended an insurance company in an action in federal court in Philadelphia brought by an automotive group seeking employment practices liability insurance coverage.
- Represented a contract research organization accused of trade disparagement.
- Obtained a preliminary injunction in state court in Pennsylvania against former executives of a health care company for violating the terms of their non-solicitation and non-competition agreements.
- Defended a real estate company charged with tortious interference with non-compete clauses in contracts of real estate agents.
- Defended a nonprofit organization against defamation claims brought by its former executive director.
- Represented a financial services company in action in Delaware Chancery Court alleging breach of fiduciary duties by owners of a corporate borrower.
- Counseled numerous clients seeking advice on enforcing and defending claims based on non-compete contracts, trade secrets, and other such commercial dispute issues.